1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peel the Migo® pears, but leave the stalks on. Remove the core at the bottom with an apple corer and cut the bottoms straight. Slice the lemon into wedges.
3. Put the pears in a large pan and add the water, lemon wedges, sugar, cinnamon, star anise and cloves. Cover the pan with a lid.
4. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Poach the Migo® pears for 15 mins.
5. Grease an earthenware baking mould with a spoonful of oil.
6. Remove the Migo® pears and spices from the pan with a slotted spoon. Bring the syrup to the boil and leave to reduce for approximately 35 minutes until around 100 ml is left over.
7. Puree the dates with the eggs in a blender until smooth. Add the milk and subsequently add the sunflower oil while mixing. Put in a large bowl.
8. Sift the brown sugar, flour, mixed spice and a pinch of salt above a bowl and fold everything through the date mixture until you have a thick liquid batter.
9. Fill a baking mould with the batter and push the poached Migo® pears down to the bottom of the baking mould.
10. Bake the cake for 40 mins at 180 C. The cake is done when a saté skewer comes out clean.
11. Leave the cake to cool down for 10 mins and then spoon the sugar syrup on top. Allow to cool completely until the syrup is firm.
Serving tip: Delicious with a bowl of vanilla ice cream